Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Players It is the goal of the Raptors Basketball Academy to provide a positive environment for all of our participants. One that allows each player to represent themselves and the organization with pride, honor, and dignity by always displaying good sportsmanship and respect towards our opponents, coaches, players, and parents. We expect each player to make an effort to achieve and maintain at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA). Have good attendance and behavior while attending school as well as being respectful at home. Players must provide coaches with school report card and progress reports during the school year or when requested. In support of this goal, all student athletes involved with Raptor Basketball Academy are required abide to the following code of conduct:
- I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot. I will be prepared and on time for practice and games.
- I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches, and improve my knowledge and skills.
- I will treat the referee with respect and agree not to dispute calls nor criticize the referee during or after the game.
- I will not criticize a teammate or coach at any time, whether to that teammate, to other teammates, or to any other person, both on and off the court, and will treat my teammates and coaches with respect and encouragement at all times.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship, acknowledge good plays, and shake hands with officials and opposing players at the end of the game. I will express humility as a winner and be a gracious loser.
- I will not engage in unnecessary roughness and will treat fellow players with respect regardless of ability. I will not openly criticize the opponent’s players or coaches. Player’s Conduct Policy
- I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the safety or well-being of a coach, parent, player, or official.
- No inappropriate attire, NO SHORT SHORTS, NO LOW CUT SHIRTS
- All uniforms will be worn properly, i.e. shirts will be tucked in shorts, shoes laced up and all jewelry removed before you walk on the floor to practice or play a game.
- Player must not wear basketball footwear to practice or from practice.
- All player must have a gym bag, sweatshirt, water bottle
- All game and practice uniforms must be clean and neat to be on the floor. •
NO CELL PHONE USAGE DURING PRACTICE OR GAMES UNLESS PRIOR APPOVAL FROM COACHES.